👋 Hi, I’m
Updated Dec 21 2022
30 second bio:⌗
- Nearly two decades of experience teaching university courses and workshops. I’ve taught courses in management information systems, entrepreneurship, industrial design, and engineering.
- Former DJ during my years studying in grad school. I was (and continue to be) obsessed with the art of DJ’ing and crafting memorable experiences.
- I’m a former software startup founder.
- Currently, I build and launch new courses and programs as part of my work at the Liu Idea Lab for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Lilie) at Rice University.
What I’ve done:⌗
- In 2016, I helped start the Liu Idea Lab for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Rice University. I’m currently the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Programs.
- Previously, in 2013, I founded the University of Houston’s startup accelerator and technology entrepreneurship program, RED Labs.
- I’ve had the chance to build study abroad courses in Peru, Brazil, France, and (next summer) the Netherlands.
What I’m interested in:⌗
- I dabble in email based courses. I have written ones on how to find good problems to solve (titled The Search for Good Ideas) and how to craft a demo day style pitch (titled How to Deliver a Winning Startup Pitch). Both were written for Rice University students.
- I’m currently experimenting with chatbots.
- I am curious about longevity, fasting, and metabolic health. I do a five day water fast quarterly and regularly test my reactions to foods with a continuous glucose monitor.
On this site, you’ll find:⌗
- short essays on higher ed, pedagogical innovation, and entrepreneurship
- an overview of past courses and workshops I’ve created